Heljan 1321OL 13xx 1369 As Preserved
Heljan 1321 0-60PT 1366 Class
1369 – as Preserved
In Great Western Green
Locomotive Prices: Discounted £63.20
£94.80 – Analogue.
£123 – Std Decoder Fitted.(+£8 ESU Lok Pilot)
£236 – ESU V5 Olivia’s Sound Fitted.
Due to the Heavy Metal Body we are unable to fit FULL Oil Lights (CLASS 2 Only) at the Leading End of this Model, We can fit Oil Lights at the Bunker End as Normal
Additional Work Available- DCC Fitted Only.
£30 – Firebox Flicker (if not fitted with oil lamps) Requires a ESU 6 Pin Micro
£45 – ESU Stay Alive Fitted (ESU Decoded fitted)
£ 7 – Train Crew Fitted (Driver & Fireman.) Unable to fit these if having Sound Fitted
£ 7 – Cab Light.
£36 – Additional Fitting Services (this charge + your options of the below.)
£ 5 – Oil Lamps Each- Click Here For Different Lamp Codes. BUNKER END ALL Lamps + Class 2 Only on Boiler End
£13 – Firebox Flicker (if fitted with oil lamps)
The 1361 Class were designed by George Jackson Churchward as an update of the 1392 Class, originally built in 1874 for the Cornwall Minerals Railway. As such they combined unusual and outdated elements, such as Saddle Tanks and Allan Valve Gear, with current Great Western details such as the cab, bunker and many minor fittings. G.W.R. 0-6-0T were generally being converted to have Belpaire fireboxes and Pannier Tanks by this date, but the firebox on the 1361 was round topped, so the saddle tank was more appropriate. The 11 ft 0 in (3.35 m) wheelbase allowed them to negotiate 2 chains (132 ft; 40 m) radius curves, a feature necessary for their intended duties in docks and on lightly laid branch lines. Although, as is conventional, the design is credited to the C.M.E., Harold Holcroft was the junior draughtsman who did all the actual work on the class.
The five locomotives were built at Swindon in 1910 and were set to work alongside the ex-Cornwall Minerals Railway locomotives. Their usual home was Plymouth Millbay, in Devon, (later Laira Shed from where they worked in Millbay Docks and on the Sutton Harbour branch. Until 1928 some of the locomotives could also be found at St Blazey Engine Shed, in Cornwall, where they worked on ex-Cornwall Minerals Railway branches, and also at Moorswater for working the Looe Branch.
In 1920 one locomotive was transferred to Newton Abbot, Devon, for shunting the railway workshops there, a duty that was to continue until 1952. Other allocations were Taunton (1953–1961) for working at Bridgwater, in Somerset, (again, mainly in the town’s docks), and Swindon (1956–1961). One was tried briefly on the Weymouth Harbour Tramway in 1949, and another went to St Philips Marsh, in Bristol in 1962.
The same basic design was used for the six 1366 Class locomotives built in 1934, but this time they were fitted with Belpaire fireboxes, pannier tanks and more modern cabs. When the 1361s were withdrawn their remaining duties were given to D2000 diesel shunters.
Weight Bracket= 0.5- 0.75Kg Postage Options Click Here.
Tel: 0114 3216 160 Or 0114 2647 449.