Dapol Class 73 DCC Fix.
ATTENTION DCC Users:
This model has a known fault- the lighting will operate in the wrong direction when a DCC decoder is fitted. We have 2 solutions below.
For ESU V4 Decoders (Lokpilot or Loksound) change the following:
For other DCC Decoders, please refer to the instruction supplied with the decoder.
To Manually Rectify (requires soldering)
1. Remove the body (4x screws behind the buffers- refer to locomotive instructions)
2. Remove the motor cover
3. Identify the motor wires & Locate M+ (red) & M- (black) on the PCB.
4. Un-solder the wires.
5. Re-locate the wires and solder to the tabs M+ = Black, M- = Red.
6. Replace the motor cover.
7. Re-fit the body remember to take care with the lighting contacts.
8. You may need to set CV 29 for reverse running (refer to manufacturer’s instructions)
Note: Please be aware the lighting will operate incorrectly on analogue (12v DC) after the above has been done unless the decoder is fitted when running on analogue.
Olivia’s Trains cannot be held responsible for damage caused by the customer undertaking the above modification.